cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Certificate validation with purchased commercial SSL cert

gmcnamara
1-Newbie

Certificate validation with purchased commercial SSL cert

Hi,

I have installed a commercial (purchased) SSL certificate for my domain on my Thingworx server. I can connect to Composer via https:// with no warnings from Chrome (it shows a successfully encrypted connection and valid cert), but when I try to connect an EMS to the server on port 443 with encryption set to SSL it fails with an error "TwTlsClient_Connect: Error initializing TLS connection. Invalid certificate". If I change certificate validation to false in the EMS config it connects ok, but surely that is an insecure setting that should not be used on a production server, right? Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Regards,

Greg

3 REPLIES 3

Greg, when you connect through the ems, how have you set the certificates flag in your config.json? If you have validate set to true, you would need to provide the cert_chain as well. Please do take a look at the config.json.complete.

Hi Aanjan Ravi,

I am also facing "Error in initializing SSL connection"  while trying to connect to thingworx server hosted with valid certificate . Please let me know how this can be resolved in the dot net SDK.

If possible, please provide small snippets for the same. Thanks.

Hi Team/Aanjar Ravi,

Anybody has done connecting dot net SDK to  CP using valid certificate. If anybody has done Please let me know  what configurations need to be done.

Thans.

Top Tags