cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Change in OS leads to losing display images

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Change in OS leads to losing display images

Iam using BackbuttonWidget-Extension in Thingworx to navigate to the previous page. It is working fine in all OS softwares. But the image of the backbutton is visible only under Windows OS but not in Ubuntu OS. What will be the reason ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

I would try with different image type files, not sure what image files are being used right now.

jpg vs bmp or gif or png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Are you using a browser in Ubuntu to view the page? 

Or if ThingWorx is hosted on a Ubuntu vs. Windows server the image doesn't display on your PC browser?

I am using a browser in Ubuntu to view the page.
We hosted thingworx in Windows of one system. Using same Wi-Fi connection we accessing the server in multiple systems like windows and Ubuntu. In that particularly in Ubuntu server, the display image of extension widgets not visible but it is working. why ?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I believe we are relying on what the browser 'native' can display in regards to image types. The format you used might not be supported by the Ubuntu browser?

The Ubuntu version is 8.04.5 which is supported for thingworx platform. The same chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 only we using for all OS. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I would try with different image type files, not sure what image files are being used right now.

jpg vs bmp or gif or png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

If one of the previous responses helped you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution.  Or if you have found a different solution, please feel free to post it here and mark that as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags