cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Collection widget issues

jensc
17-Peridot

Collection widget issues

Hello,

I have noticed some strange behavior in our collection widgets on the 9.1 version platform.

We have a collection widget that contains a collection widget which in turns shows a mashup.

This mashup contains a label and a button which will show different things depending on the service data.

jensc_0-1674550684844.png

The issue I am facing is that if I scroll the outer collection widget horizontally. The data in the inner collection widget "moves" to different collection parts:

jensc_1-1674550747584.png

You can see here that the dates have moved from 1300S to 1200S.

At times the circle also moves to different collection parts.

Has anyone had similar issues? I haven't been able to test this on 9.3 yet, but will try to do so in the near future.

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jensc)

Hi @jensc.

We did some research on this and found that we have had a few tickets opened for this issue.  However, in each of those tickets, it was found that the design was the actual cause of the problem.  It's recommended that you not use the Load/Unload option, as the scrolling will trigger loading, and may not render properly.   The downside to this is that if you have numerous elements in your design, you may experience a performance hit on initial load. 

You may find this page of the Help Center helpful when working with the Collection widget.  Be sure to review the information in the green block.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jensc.

We did some research on this and found that we have had a few tickets opened for this issue.  However, in each of those tickets, it was found that the design was the actual cause of the problem.  It's recommended that you not use the Load/Unload option, as the scrolling will trigger loading, and may not render properly.   The downside to this is that if you have numerous elements in your design, you may experience a performance hit on initial load. 

You may find this page of the Help Center helpful when working with the Collection widget.  Be sure to review the information in the green block.

Regards.

--Sharon

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,

I have moved most of the things that are loaded inside of the collection mashup outside of it, and will try it on our 9.3 platform to see if it works better.

Thanks,

Jens

AbdoulG
5-Regular Member

Hello,

I think we are experiencing the same issue with my team. 

We have a service that checks If It's a dropdown or a textfield that should be loaded in the collection.

But we are having this behaviour at the first load.

We're using Load All option.

AbdoulG_0-1694616758963.png

Do you have a fix for this ?

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:AbdoulG)

Hello @AbdoulG,

To fix my issue I moved out any data fetching from the collection widget itself and instead sent this information into the collection widget.

Not sure if that would fix your issue though.

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags