cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Communication failure between Industrial Connection and Foundation

jerryasevianto
5-Regular Member

Communication failure between Industrial Connection and Foundation

Dear All..

I try to configure communication between Kepware and Thingworx Foundation. The error = "Error pushing property updates to thing  | Thing name = 'IndConn_Server'". The port utilized by Kepware to Foundation is 8080 and is not blocked by firewall. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jerryasevianto
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Dear PaiChung,

problem solved after re-create application key using administrator...

thank for reply 

regards,

Jerry

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

From that message it sounds like Kepware is successfully connecting to Thingworx

If you look in the Thingworx application log, are there perhaps some 'can't find' 'null' or permission type messages?

If you follow best practice and set up a specific user to generate an appkey for kepware, you may have missed some permission settings. I think specifically the service 'updatesubscribedproperties' on the connected RemoteThing(s) 

jerryasevianto
5-Regular Member

dear PaiChung,

thanks for quick response. Please kindly find the logs file. I configure the Thingworx under VM OS 2016 Server,. 

After creates application key on Thingworx, the Key-ID will be copied into Application key on Kepware.

The port : 8080 is ok (just tested using telnet command), Firewall has been switched off.  

I read on the forum that someone tell that problem (Kepware - Foundation) at 2016 Server environment, I 'll try to configure at Windows 10

regards,

Jerry

jerryasevianto
5-Regular Member

Dear PaiChung,

problem solved after re-create application key using administrator...

thank for reply 

regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry glad to hear you got that solved.

I do want to encourage you to explore setting up a properly secured and permitted user as your appkey user going forward.

It is a very bad and dangerous idea to use Administrator for the appkey.

This is a good article to use: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Permissions-for-Edge-Applications/m-p/534906#M533

In addition to enable some extra  pieces that the Industrial connector has, there are some specific services on it to permit to the appkey user so you can pull Kepware configuration and browse the tags.

jerryasevianto
5-Regular Member

Dear PaiChung,

thanks for Advise

regards,

Jerry

Top Tags