cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Configuration Table containing infotable property, saying must have Data Shape defined

SrijithKrish
12-Amethyst

Configuration Table containing infotable property, saying must have Data Shape defined

Hi,

I have created an infotable property in a configuration table and I have defined this structure in the data shape assigned also but when I try to view the infotable inside the configuration table it says 'must require a data shape defined'. But I have defined a data shape for both the configuration table as well as the infotable property inside the table. Wanted to know why this is occurring for a nested info table even if there is a data shape defined it says must have a data shape.

Hoping for a reply soon.

Thanks in Advance

With Regards, 

Srijith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I apologize for the delay on this.  I had previously recreated the issue you reported under ThingWorx 8.5.6, but needed to also confirm under the latest release, 9.0.  Due to the need to work other cases already in progress under 8.5.x, I was delayed in upgrading.

However, I have now upgraded to 9.0, and no longer see this issue.  @VladimirRosu, if you've upgraded as well, perhaps you can also validate.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Quick question: what ThingWorx and browser version are you using?

@VladimirRosu  ThingWorx version is 8.5.4 

Browser Version did u mean my chrome version?

If Yes -  Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 

I've checked quickly on my 8.5.5 and I have the same error. Can you please open a bug for this?

Alternatively, can you try to use the SetConfigurationTable/Rows services and populate that Configuration Table via a service? My suspicion is that this is an User Interface bug.

Thank You @VladimirRosu 

I will check using a service and let you know and could you please tell me how can I raise this as a bug?

Hi @VladimirRosu 

I actually tried using a service but was not able to get the expected result. But when I gave a default value to the nested infotable property and then tried again I was able to get the result.

Let me know where to raise the bug if required.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SrijithKrish)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I'll be happy to open a case on your behalf.  Please give me a little time to investigate to determine if the issue may have already been reported, and I will follow up to advise the next steps.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley  sure no issues.

Take your time and let me know if anything to be done from my side.

Thank You

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I did find an older ticket on this issue indicating it was resolved in an older release, so this appears to be a regression.  I will be creating a new ticket once I have recreated the issue in order to provide the artifacts needed for the ticket.  That will take me a couple of days given my schedule right now.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sure @slangley  no issues. Please let me know if anything have to be done from my side.

With Regards, 

Srijith

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I apologize for the delay on this.  I had previously recreated the issue you reported under ThingWorx 8.5.6, but needed to also confirm under the latest release, 9.0.  Due to the need to work other cases already in progress under 8.5.x, I was delayed in upgrading.

However, I have now upgraded to 9.0, and no longer see this issue.  @VladimirRosu, if you've upgraded as well, perhaps you can also validate.

Regards.

--Sharon

No time to upgrade due to existing workload. I plan to install my own 9.0 second week of August.
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

If you feel that your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags