cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Connect Softing dataFEED OPC suite with thingworx and scan tags like we do using Kepware

sdandekar
4-Participant

Connect Softing dataFEED OPC suite with thingworx and scan tags like we do using Kepware

Hi,

I want to connect Softing dataFEED OPC suite to Thingworx platform and view tags(manage bindings) like we do when we connect using Kepware with Thingworx platform.

I have tried the OPC UA extension from market place but in this we need to define each tag address in the .config file.

If there are large number of tag addresses which we want to read using this extension becomes very tedious.

Please let me know if anyone has tried connecting any other tool like kepware to ThingWorx Platform or let me know if there is a tweak for the OPC UA extension

Regards,

SKD

4 REPLIES 4
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdandekar)

Can you check if it is possible to first connect Softing dataFEED OPC suite with Kepware, then make ThingWorx get tag value from Kepware?

sdandekar
4-Participant
(To:wcui)

Thanks for the response!

But, we want to avoid using Kepware. So need a way to directly connect Softing to Thingworx platform

AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:sdandekar)

Configuration of the indvidual tags on each OPC client application is stored in the config.json file.  Add one item to the client manually then refer to the structure of the DataItems property in the config file.  You should be able to generate the same structure and add these to the config file.  Once added restart the client application and the properties should be available to the platform.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AdamR)

Hi @sdandekar.

If one of the previous responses has provided a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags