cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Connect to Analytics server

MD_10146790
6-Contributor

Connect to Analytics server

I have succesfully installed Analytics Server 8.5.16 on Windows server 2012

On Thingworx Foundation 8.5, I have installed the Analytics extension

Now how do I connect them?

On Analytics Builder -> Settings, it needs a ServerThing to connect to, Do I have to create one? From which template and where do I specify where to connect?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MD_10146790 ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

It should be noted that ThingWorx Analytics is a distinct and separate product that requires an independent installation from ThingWorx Foundation Server. Did you install ThingWorx Analytics as well, in addition to deploying the extensions?

If you did install ThingWorx Analytics Server application, in the Builder > Settings > Analytics Server Configuration drop down on top left, you should have an AnalyticsThing (or GatewayThing) created to selected and connect to ThingWorx Analytics server.

Select your Analytics Server and verify configuration, then save if successful.

Also, something of note, ThingWorx Foundation and ThingWorx Analytics 8.5.x is currently in sustained support, and it highly recommended that you deploy a current in-support version of both products. Product calendar can be accessed here: https://support.ptc.com/cs/release_calendar/index.html#RANGE!A500

Here is a Knowledge Article with a video demonstration of How to Install ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.5+.  Please see timestamp 4 minute mark for what I was referencing about the AnalyticsThing / GatewayThing.

Current release is 9.3.x for both products.

Regards,

Neel

MD_10146790
6-Contributor
(To:nsampat)

I installed Thingworx Analytics Extension 8.5.1 r2 on Thingworx Foundation

I installed ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.5.1 r4 like in the video, It gives no erros. And at the end of the installation it says "Things created: AnalyticsServerThing... etc"

But no thing is created by the Analytics Server installation

I have all the Analytics services running on the Windows Server

I don't know why things are not created

@MD_10146790 ,

As ThingWorx Analytics 8.5.x is currently out of support, and this appears to be a new deployment of the software, I would recommend that you and your organization consider installing a version that is currently in support such as 9.0 or newer. I recommend this as there are several critical bug and feature improvements in the later versions.

Regarding your current deployment, I recommend that you review the following Article: Common reasons for ThingWorx Analytics Things not being created in ThingWorx Platform 

Note, you will need to have a ThingWorx Platform Server running the same major version as the desired ThingWorx Analytics Server version, e.g. ThingWorx Analytics Server 9.1.x is only compatible with ThingWorx Platform 9.1.x

If you have difficult with installing Thingworx Platform Server and/or ThingWorx Analytics Server 9.0+, please feel free to open a case with Technical Support here: 

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags