cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Connect to On Premise Thingworx 8.5 using ThingWorx Academic Simulator

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

Connect to On Premise Thingworx 8.5 using ThingWorx Academic Simulator

Hi Team,

I am unable to connect to on premise Thingworx8.5 (Thingworx foundation Trial for H2)using academic simulator.

please find the screenshot.

Need guidance to resolve the issue

Thanks,

Praveen

13 REPLIES 13
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Praveen_GR)

Hi @Praveen_GR.

Is the Academic Simulator on the same machine as ThingWorx?  If not, you can't use localhost.  You'll need to use the hostname of the ThingWorx server.

Also, did you validate that you can hit the ThingWorx url from the machine running the simulator?

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi,

Simulator and Thingworx are in the same machine.

yes I validated by accessing the thingworx url http://localhost:8079/Thingworx/Composer/index.html and it is working fine.

can we connect to on premise thingworx using academic simulator?

is steps need to connect to on premise thingworx is different from hosted thingworx?

Thanks,

Praveen

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

Your port is wrong in the config for the Academic Simulator.  You have indicated port 8080 there, but in the url you provided for ThingWorx, it's 8079.

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

Hi,

Tried with port 8079 also but still not able to connect.

Please find the below screenshot.

Praveen_GR_0-1591359897105.png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

Is it possible there is a space before the port number?  When you created the appKey, which user was set up in the "User Name Reference" field--possibly a permissions issue?

After checking the above, if it's still failing, please provide the Application Log located at ....ThingworxStorage\logs\ApplicationLog.log.

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

Hi,

Initially used the administrator in the user preference on creation of application key.

Then created a user "praveen" and created a application key with user "praveen".

Still the same issue exists.

Please find the attached  application logs.

Thanks,

Praveen

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.  We can either open a case in order to take a look at your system, or you can reach out to the Academic team for further support.  To contact the Academic team, send an email to support@ptcu.com.

If you prefer to open a case, please let me know, and I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

It looks like a permissions issue.  Try changing the "User Name Reference" back to Administrator to see if it works.

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

hi,

created the application key with administrator.

used the port number same as the application url localhost:8079.

below is the message displayed.

Praveen_GR_0-1591625811585.png

when i used the port no below message is displayed.

Praveen_GR_1-1591625863716.png

Thanks,

Praveen

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

If ThingWorx is running on port 8079, there's no way port 8080 would ever work.  Please trying clearing the port field and re-entering port 8079.  It still appears there may be a space before the port number.

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

Hi,

There is no space and also cleared the port number and entered the port number 8079.

Still the same issue exists.

I used the hosted(cloud) thingworx ,and was able to connect to hosted thingworx successfully.(used this one year before).

As my cloud trial version expired, used the on premise thingworx .is the steps that we follow for on premise thingworx is different from hosted thingworx(using academic simulator)?

Thanks,

Praveen

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Praveen_GR.

You should be able to connect to your local instance in the same manner.  I tested on mine and had no issue.

What version of Windows are you running?  Any security policy in place that could be affecting your connectivity?  You could try changing localhost to the name of your system, though localhost worked on mine.

Regards.

--Sharon

Praveen_GR
6-Contributor

Hi,

Using windows 10 Home edition.

Thanks,

Praveen

Top Tags