cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connecting Kepware to a Dev and Test Enviroment

ADickinson
4-Participant

Connecting Kepware to a Dev and Test Enviroment

Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for connecting a single instance of Kepware to two Thingworx environments ? One Dev and one Test. I have read that you can only directly connect 1:1 , but i wondered if any intermediary applications or servers have been used to split the data between Thingworx instances by anyone else .

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello! Thanks for your question regarding ThingWorx Kepware Server. To send data from Kepware to more than one instance of ThingWorx, our current recommendation is to use the free ThingWorx OPC Aggregator between one of the instances of ThingWorx and Kepware. Kepware will remain connected to one instance of ThingWorx over its native ThingWorx AlwaysOn protocol interface, and the ThingWorx OPC Aggregator will connected to Kepware via OPC UA. From there, the OPC Aggregator will make a connection to the other instance of ThingWorx via its own AlwaysOn interface, thereby connecting the single instance of Kepware to more than one instance of ThingWorx. Here is a link to the OPC Aggregator:

https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/240051/opc-aggregator

You can run the OPC Aggregator and ThingWorx Kepware Server on the same or different operating systems.

Please note that your tag binding addresses will be different between properties mapped directly to Kepware and properties mapped through the Aggregator. Please email my team at the following address and we can discuss in more detail with you and share a design diagram that explains both the topology and the tag address requirements - presales.support@kepware.com.

Thank You!

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:ADickinson)

I have heard of a workaround using IOT Gateway in Kepware. But this is a feature with a separate license, without a proper license you can run it for 2h in demo mode.

Hello! Thanks for your question regarding ThingWorx Kepware Server. To send data from Kepware to more than one instance of ThingWorx, our current recommendation is to use the free ThingWorx OPC Aggregator between one of the instances of ThingWorx and Kepware. Kepware will remain connected to one instance of ThingWorx over its native ThingWorx AlwaysOn protocol interface, and the ThingWorx OPC Aggregator will connected to Kepware via OPC UA. From there, the OPC Aggregator will make a connection to the other instance of ThingWorx via its own AlwaysOn interface, thereby connecting the single instance of Kepware to more than one instance of ThingWorx. Here is a link to the OPC Aggregator:

https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/240051/opc-aggregator

You can run the OPC Aggregator and ThingWorx Kepware Server on the same or different operating systems.

Please note that your tag binding addresses will be different between properties mapped directly to Kepware and properties mapped through the Aggregator. Please email my team at the following address and we can discuss in more detail with you and share a design diagram that explains both the topology and the tag address requirements - presales.support@kepware.com.

Thank You!

Sam

Thanks for your reply.

Have installed this, and we are now able to have one set of Kepware data divided between two instances of Thingworx .

Top Tags