cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connection Error using Rest API Hosted Trial

jonasf
10-Marble

Connection Error using Rest API Hosted Trial

Hi,

I have the same error trying to use HTTPie get create a thing on ThingWorx according to "Use REST API to Access ThingWorx" guide. I get a very similar error message The server is running, I can access the composer through a web browser as normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonasf
10-Marble
(To:jonasf)

To update myself, I tried the Restlet Client and was able to successfully create a thing. See the 200 successful PUT in the screenshot. This caused the thing to appear in my composer. Hope this helps similar issues.

EDIT: I also realized I did not put any type of authorization in the lines of an appkey or anything similar in Restlet.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jonasf
10-Marble
(To:jonasf)

To update myself, I tried the Restlet Client and was able to successfully create a thing. See the 200 successful PUT in the screenshot. This caused the thing to appear in my composer. Hope this helps similar issues.

EDIT: I also realized I did not put any type of authorization in the lines of an appkey or anything similar in Restlet.

Top Tags