cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Create Footer at the end of every page

AmberWright
10-Marble

Create Footer at the end of every page

When I use the Master, it created a footer at the bottom of the window, I would like a footer that is at the end of the page, you can only get to it when you scroll all the way down, and then it is at the end (very similar to how it is here on the community site). Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this without having to add it to every single page, and still have the benefits of using the Master for the header?

Thank you!

-Amber 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To do something like this you have different options (non of them are perfect):

• A non responsive mashup, which it's only suitable if your height it's fixed.
  • You may try with Collection Widget
  • Advanced Grid Widget on the marketplace has a footer feature, but it may end up looking the same as you said.
  • With a Repeater widget you can do it for sure, you just need to detect which it's the last row+1 and show a different inner mashup on the repeater widget.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

To do something like this you have different options (non of them are perfect):

• A non responsive mashup, which it's only suitable if your height it's fixed.
  • You may try with Collection Widget
  • Advanced Grid Widget on the marketplace has a footer feature, but it may end up looking the same as you said.
  • With a Repeater widget you can do it for sure, you just need to detect which it's the last row+1 and show a different inner mashup on the repeater widget.

Thanks for the suggestions Carles!

I'll try out a couple of these and try to respond with any findings. 

Update: I've tried with the Collection widget, it is still not giving the desired results. If I try using the "Footer" feature within the Collection widget, it adds it at the end of every section, which I would only want it on the last section. I also tried to be clever and nest Collection Widgets, but it also did not work, there is still a scroll bar for the nested collection widget, meaning that there are two scroll bars, one for the whole page, and one for the nested collection widget itself. (see attached picture)

The static mashups would work, but like you said, only with a set height, which is not desired in my case since it will be variable with how much the Collection Widget has to display. 

I have not tried with the repeater widget, but I do not think it will interact well with the Collection widget. 

If you use Repeater Widget don't use Collection widget of course.

Top Tags