cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Current 'Screen Resolution' of the Home Mashup

muzzammil
11-Garnet

Current 'Screen Resolution' of the Home Mashup

I would like to know, how to retrieve resolution of the current screen wherein the home mashup of a user has been opened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:muzzammil)

Hi @muzzammil.

It sounds like you would need to create your own extension that would utilize a library that offers the ability to assess resolution.  We don't have an out-of-the box method for determining screen resolution.  You will have to do some research to determine what libraries may be available for this.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @muzzammil.

Please provide more context around your question.  Are you asking in regard to a mobile device, laptop, etc.?  Are you seeing issues and if so, can you elaborate on the problem?

Regards.

--Sharon

Actually i've developed a set of mashups which is responsive enough to be opened in any device like mobile phone or laptop. But, since the home mashup has been incorporated with a feature with which you can drill down a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) to lower levels to see like how it has been distributed in lower levels, i wish to know the current screen resolution to alter the pop-up mashup's height and width accordingly. Thus, in order to make the entire application perfectly responsive, i wish to know how to i retrieve these required parameters.

Somewhere it was mentioned to use screen.availHeight or something. if so, where do i use it. coz, i couldn't use this in a service. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @muzzammil.

It sounds like you would need to create your own extension that would utilize a library that offers the ability to assess resolution.  We don't have an out-of-the box method for determining screen resolution.  You will have to do some research to determine what libraries may be available for this.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @muzzammil.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags