cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Custom scripts raises error when executing SaveJSON on a file repository thing

rad1
9-Granite

Custom scripts raises error when executing SaveJSON on a file repository thing

At some point I start receiving this error. I don't know what might have changed.

I am usually the only on on TW machine.

Wrapped java.io.FileNotFoundException: /ThingworxStorage/repository/ModelsFileRepository/Folder/SubFolder1/model1.json (Permission denied) 

My script executes this at some point after figuring out the path and the content.

Target folder for the json file is correct (i.e it exists)

Things["ModelsFileRepository"].SaveJSON(params);

If it is about permissions what should I do to enable permissions. I am running from TW agent using Web socket or Rest API using an administrator appKey.

Thanks,

Rad

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rad1)

Hi @rad1 just to confirm the user under which this service is getting executed has runtime permission on Subsystems and Resources? Or are all the services executed using only the Administrator account?

Would it be possible to attach application log from the time when you reproduced this? 

rad1
9-Granite
(To:supandey)

I am using appKey associated with admin. I believe something was corrupted on TW server. I had to reboot Amazon Ubuntu instance. Unfortunately it entered inconsistent state so I cannot even reach it with ssh console.

I was able to recreate my work on another TW server and it worked as expected with no special rights given to script. 

I suppose if an admin user is executing services using an appKey, there is no need to add System Users for called services.

Top Tags