cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

DATA_TABLE/ Stream /Value_Stream question

RaajeevHDave
7-Bedrock

DATA_TABLE/ Stream /Value_Stream question

Below is my recommendation on Data_table/Stream and Value_Stream. Do you thing it is all right ? Considering we will generate 300,000 everts per day.

1. Data_table is synchronous and we should avoid bombarding this table for any update on existing records or inserting records. Just this is my concern.

2.I am good with Stream table (because this is asynchronous) until we purge it regularly based on certain condition for example incident is resolved in NEOS.

3.Value_stream, because this table keeps logs so also we need to purge this table regularly to avoid decrease in system performance and save disk space.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:RaajeevHDave)

What type of things are you doing with the data?

are you just logging it, do you need to retrieve it for some other purpose etc?

I agree that you shouldn't send that to a DataTable but depending on what you want to do with the information or what happens during each event, perhaps even valuestreams aren't the right answer, although we did just release 8.4 with InfluxDB support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:RaajeevHDave)

What type of things are you doing with the data?

are you just logging it, do you need to retrieve it for some other purpose etc?

I agree that you shouldn't send that to a DataTable but depending on what you want to do with the information or what happens during each event, perhaps even valuestreams aren't the right answer, although we did just release 8.4 with InfluxDB support

Top Tags