Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Editability Issue

SOLVED
Participant

Dashboard Editability Issue

Howdy!

I'm having an issue with customer dashboard creation.  Only admin level users are able to modify the gadget layout on dashboards. Super Users and below can't edit the layouts of the Gadgets on the Dashboard as on refresh, the gadgets revert to their originally placed positions. 

I tried engaging runtime permissions for Super User to no effect.  Anyone run into something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dahsboard Editability Issue

I found a workaround. I was able to add permissions to the object at the Organization Super User level. I couldn't get it to work at any higher group dependency. That does mean I'll have to add each org group (and we have 100s) to that permission but at least it's working. 

Thanks for all your time!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

I would check the Application Log, sounds like there is probably some service being invoked to store the configuration that is failing either because of Permissions or Visibility

Thanks. It does look like there is an error but I don't understand what it's telling me.

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@5f437a65][message: Entity Not Found : [DashboardChange]]

The service that is being called should be "move dashboard items".

Entity not found may mean you lack visibility permissions to something.

I think you should already have visibility to: DashboardFunctions

It might have to do with the Persistence Provider, so I would check if that user has Visibility to the Default Persistence Provider

Hi!

I have noticed the same trend concerning entity not found being related to permission visibility.

I'm not sure where to look for Default Persistence Provider visibility...could you elaborate?

Go to the section Persistence Providers and then make system objects visible.

Aha found it under storage. I'll let you know what happens.

The default filter is excluding System objects and I can't figure out how to turn that off.

https://gyazo.com/3c646b818eba53374e10123eb2acf964

Aha I had to turn it on not off :P