cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dashboard Organizational Structure

zhudson
7-Bedrock

Dashboard Organizational Structure

Hello,

I am looking to make Dashboards and Organizations work in a way that it doesn't naturally within Thingworx. I want to have an organizational structure similar to what's shown here: 

Org_Example.PNG

for the purposes of having a single sign-on to the mashup that will be shared across the organization. However, I also want to be able to have it so that Andy can share dashboards with Becky, but not with anyone in Company2. As far as I can tell, you can only set permissions so that they can be shared within the organization which means that if I set permissions so that Andy and Becky can see each other's, they will also be able to see everyone in Company2. 

I am looking to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Make it so I can use one login to sign into multiple organizations

OR

2. Set permissions on a sub-organizational level to have dashboard sharing within the sub-organization and not the entire organization.

All help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And/Or better if it's a multi-tenancy solution, better you set one Organization for each Company, that way you know that you won't mess around with visibility

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:zhudson)

Have you looked into making your Company A and Company B two different user groups?

And/Or better if it's a multi-tenancy solution, better you set one Organization for each Company, that way you know that you won't mess around with visibility

Top Tags