cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Data Export an Edited Table Thingworx 8.4

Bhanu_Manoj
9-Granite

Data Export an Edited Table Thingworx 8.4

Hi Team,

I'd like to export some data in a grid. I have attached the all data from my service to the grid, configured the grid columns so that they are user-friendly (Ex. OwnerEmail to Owner Email) and removed the grid columns, that I do not want to see and download. I bound the Data Export widget to the edited table, but the mashup will not download the edited table. How can I get the export widget to download the edited table?

When i bind the data from the service directly, I can export all the data. However, the column titles are not user-friendly and there are columns I do not want to download.

The solution given in the topic https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Data-Export-an-Edited-Table/m-p/503130 is to create a  custom service. But If I am using multiple grids in my solution it is not feasible to create service and provide the numerous changes in the column names to it. Is there a way around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. In my limited experience with the Edited Table property I found it that it will be populated only with the rows that you edited. I test this usually by having a second grid bounded to the Edited Table.

If that grid will contain rows, then they should be exported by the DataExport widget.

2. Regarding the thing you want, with the friendly column names and some columns should not be present, as stated in the other post, that won't work by design with the Data Export widget. The friendly names you setup and the invisibility of some columns are properties specific to the grid UI, they have nothing to do with the infotable that is output/input in the grid, and as such won't be present in the output.

I saw you are already aware of the service based solution, I'm afraid that in this case there's no way around it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. In my limited experience with the Edited Table property I found it that it will be populated only with the rows that you edited. I test this usually by having a second grid bounded to the Edited Table.

If that grid will contain rows, then they should be exported by the DataExport widget.

2. Regarding the thing you want, with the friendly column names and some columns should not be present, as stated in the other post, that won't work by design with the Data Export widget. The friendly names you setup and the invisibility of some columns are properties specific to the grid UI, they have nothing to do with the infotable that is output/input in the grid, and as such won't be present in the output.

I saw you are already aware of the service based solution, I'm afraid that in this case there's no way around it.

Thanks for the reply.

I understood now that the editedtable property can fetch only the records edited in the grid.

Top Tags