cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Data export

lwei
1-Newbie

Data export

Hi everyone,

My Thingworx server is not on my local PC, it is located in somewhere else.

Is there any methods that I can save those data in DataTable and Stream into files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:lwei)

Lee, if you are trying to export DataTables, Streams or ValueStreams, the standard export (on that entity) will only give you the entity itself, and not the data.

If you want the data to be downloadable as well, what you need to do is do an 'Export to File' (for data) via Import/ Export, save that to your File Repository, open that File Repository Thing, run the 'CreateZipArchive' to create a zip of the folder that just got created, and then download it with a service like 'GetFileListingWithLinks'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Lee Wei​, Yes, you can take an export of the ThingWorx data by just accessing the URL.

If you are looking for export of single DataTable or Stream. You can download the export to local System Directly.

If you are looking to Export multiple files; you can first export the files to repository and then create a Mashup to download the files from Repository to your local system.

I Hope it Helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Lee,

Is it correct understanding that you kind of want to "download" all the data that you have created/stored in DataTable and Streams locally from the ThingWorx Server? What kind of Database is used as Persistence Provider for ThingWorx?

Aanjan
9-Granite

Lee, if you are trying to export DataTables, Streams or ValueStreams, the standard export (on that entity) will only give you the entity itself, and not the data.

If you want the data to be downloadable as well, what you need to do is do an 'Export to File' (for data) via Import/ Export, save that to your File Repository, open that File Repository Thing, run the 'CreateZipArchive' to create a zip of the folder that just got created, and then download it with a service like 'GetFileListingWithLinks'.

lwei
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Thank you! It is what I need!

Lee

Top Tags