cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Database Configuration Error

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Database Configuration Error

Hello! I had such error when filling in and then saving the configuration for the database:

7.png

As I understand, ThingWorx swears at the "sun" in the JDBC Driver Class Name field:

8.png

Does this mean that I can't use such driver? Or is the problem in the title, or in something else? Prompt if someone came across this, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi.

It seems that it's impossible to access ODBC using this ODBC-JDBC driver (although in theory it should provide such an opportunity). In the end, I managed to achieve this with the help of ADO Service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Mr_Henry_M)

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Did you install a new extension before creating the database thing?  If so, try restarting Tomcat.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, please provide the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs and more information regarding the database thing you are creating.

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for the answer.

I attach today's logs, which somehow changed. With help of the created Thing I want to connect to an Access or Excel databases. As I understand it, they have the same driver.

Regards,

Henry.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Are you trying to configure an Oracle connection?  You made reference to odbc in your connect string but you're using the jdbc configuration.  If using Oracle, this article may help.  If not, here's a link to some examples that provide some guidance.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Hi.

It seems that it's impossible to access ODBC using this ODBC-JDBC driver (although in theory it should provide such an opportunity). In the end, I managed to achieve this with the help of ADO Service.

Top Tags