cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Database Template configuration changes made in thing template is not reflected in inheritance thing

Kavinraj.i
5-Regular Member

Database Template configuration changes made in thing template is not reflected in inheritance thing

we have created a DB Thing Template and created a 50 thing inheriting the DB Thing Template.

then we have exported the both Thing and thing template from server and imported to another new thingworx server. we have changed the JDBC connection in DB Thing Template but it is not reflecting in the inherited thing.

we have to manually configure the 50 things separately..

is there any workaround for this.

Thanks in Ad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Kavinraj.i)

Once the Thing is instantiated from the template, the configuration values will no longer update.

If you need that to happen, I would recommend you script a service that pushes configuration table updates to your Things

That is probably better than deleting and recreating the things? (can also be scripted)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Kavinraj.i)

Once the Thing is instantiated from the template, the configuration values will no longer update.

If you need that to happen, I would recommend you script a service that pushes configuration table updates to your Things

That is probably better than deleting and recreating the things? (can also be scripted)

Top Tags