cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Deployed package's status

ses
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Deployed package's status

Hi,

I have created a package, and then published.

After deploying the package, and when I verify the status of deployment its showing as "Started".

What we are expecting is "Completed",

6 REPLIES 6
ses
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ses)

Hi,

(Please ignore previous message)

I have created a package, and then published, using SoftwareContentManagement.

After deploying the package, and when I verify the status of deployment its showing as "Started".

What we are expecting is "Completed", so that we will be able to tranfer package to a remote Asset(Device)

[Pre condition: Java SDK is UP and connected with TW Server]

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Hello, can you tell me, is the Lua file contained within the package executing at all? What is your version of ThingWorx and ThingWorx Utilities?

Thanks!

Tori

ses
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ttielebein)

Hi Tori,

We haven't included a Lua script along with the package.

Is Lua script mandatory with packages deployed?

If yes, can I get a sample script with minimum configurations.

The versions we used are as follows;

ThingWorx-Utilities-7-1-0

ThingWorx-7.1.2-b6

Thanks,

Sujith

ses
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hi Experts, Any update on this thread?

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Hello,

The purpose of package deployment is to run a lua script on the LSR on each remote device (i.e. asset) which is selected in the deployment process. If no lua script is provided, then there will be no update to the status of the deployment in Software Content Manager, as far as I know.

This KCS article describes some related behavior to the status not updating, and this is why I think it would not update if no lua script is provided. The Jira in that article is still under investigation, though, so that article will be updated soon with more information specific to that issue.

Here is Help Center documentation on the Lua Script Resource (LSR) and related links on its usage.

Hope this helps!

Tori

ses
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ttielebein)

Thanks Tori

Top Tags