cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Descriptive analytics not showing

AF_10333884
7-Bedrock

Descriptive analytics not showing

I tried to use descriptive analytics using tatisticalCalculationThingShape  and  StatisticalMonitoringThingShape but i cant find it on my thingshape. I want to use this for FFT. Could you show me how to use FFT on my thingworx analytics and provide a step by step tutorial. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @AF_10333884 

It will all depends on the activity you have and the size of your server.
You can certainly have both ThingWorx Analytics Server and Descriptive services on the same machine at least to test it.
If you are planning on using only Descriptive Services, I would advise to unselect the property transform in the installer as this does install a few services (RabbitMQ, Flink among others) and can be resource intensive when used.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi 

Descriptive Analytics is part of Platform Analytics media, not ThingWorx Analytics Server.
So in order to see those thingshape, you first need to install Descriptive services.

The article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS299233 may be useful here.

Thanks

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin ,

For now i have 2 servers for thingworx. The first one is thingworx foundation and the second one is thingworx analytics. If I want to install the platform analytics, should I make a new server, or I can just install platform analytics to the existing one (thingworx analytics server) instead?

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @AF_10333884 

It will all depends on the activity you have and the size of your server.
You can certainly have both ThingWorx Analytics Server and Descriptive services on the same machine at least to test it.
If you are planning on using only Descriptive Services, I would advise to unselect the property transform in the installer as this does install a few services (RabbitMQ, Flink among others) and can be resource intensive when used.

Hi @cmorfin ,

I want to use it for creating FFT. Is installing descriptive services sufficient?

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

yes Descriptive Services is sufficient for Fast Fourier Transform

Top Tags