cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Does thingworx supports AWS Timestream DB ?

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Does thingworx supports AWS Timestream DB ?

Hi, I would like to connect AWS timestream DB using JDBC, Does, Thingworx supports AWS TimestreamDB? 
I was not able to connect the DB, 

The isConnected property of the thing remains false, but I am able to see some logs in the application log.

If I try to execute some sample queries, I get the following error:  Unable to Invoke Service test1 on timestreamDB : Transactions are not supported.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sabharees)

Hi @sabhz.

We did further research on this and found that Timestream is not currently supported.  It's my understanding you can use an MQTT server as a go-between but I don't have any specifics.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Have a look at this article - "ThingWorx JDBC connection to Amazon Web Services (AWS) Redshift database": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS293064

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabharees.

Are you using the latest JDBC driver from Amazon?  Have you followed the Amazon guide for connecting?

Regards.

--Sharon

sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Yes I followed as per the documentation.

Pfeifer & Langen GmbH & Co. KG
Sitz der Kommanditgesellschaft: Köln
Registereintragung: AG Köln HRA 13089
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Pfeifer & Langen Zucker-Beteiligungen GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung: Köln
Registereintragung: AG Köln HRB 14276
Geschäftsführer: Michael Schaupp und Uwe Schöneberg

BITTE BEACHTEN SIE: Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sind, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen Sie diese E-Mail und alle Anhänge. E-Mails können leicht unter fremdem Namen erstellt oder während der Übertragung verändert werden. Deshalb schließen wir zu Ihrem und unserem Schutz die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit dieser E-Mail aus. Vielen Dank. Aufgrund der Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) vom 25. Mai 2018 sind wir verpflichtet, Sie über die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten zu informieren, wenn wir diese erstmalig erfassen oder für einen neuen Zweck zur Verfügung gestellt werden. Diese Informationen haben wir daher online hinterlegt, bitte rufen Sie diese über den Link auf unsere Homepage auf:
Datenschutz – Pfeifer & Langen

PLEASE NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply and delete this message and all attachments. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank you. Due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25 May 2018, we are obligated to inform you about the processing of your data, if we collect them for the first time or if they are made available for a new purpose. We have therefore stored this information online, please call it via the link to our homepage:
Privacy Policy – Pfeifer & Langen

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabharees.

Have you tried logging in to the db with the account you're using in your service?  If that works are you able to submit any updates?  You need to verify it isn't a permissions issue?

Regards.

--Sharon

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Yes, I tried. The creds. are good enough to access the Db. but in TWX we need transaction requirements.

Due to this lack of transaction requirements I am not able to connect timestream DB.

please find the below error log:

2022-06-29 05:16:25.294+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.Things] [I: ] [U: sab] [S: ] [P: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-5] Unable to Invoke Service asd on Test.AWS.TS.T : Transactions are not supported.

even I raised few support tickets as well, but it didn't help.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @sabhz.

We did further research on this and found that Timestream is not currently supported.  It's my understanding you can use an MQTT server as a go-between but I don't have any specifics.

Regards.

--Sharon

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley ,

Thanks for your response,

The MQTT server was our first attempt but it lacks several security features. eg: certificate based authentication rather than plain user id and password.

Top Tags