cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Downgrade steps from Thingworx 8.5.4 to Thingworx 8.5.1

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Downgrade steps from Thingworx 8.5.4 to Thingworx 8.5.1

Hi,

I am facing value stream issue in Thingworx 8.5.4. Timeseries data is not logging into value stream if bind the remote thing properties to Thing properties.

So, I want downgrade to Thingworx 8.5.1 version. I did not face value stream issue in Thingworx 8.5.1 

What is the downgrade process?. What are the scripts need to run?.

Thanks&Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @vi1.

From working the case it was found that in the vtq object payload, the Quality was being sent as “Good” but the edge sdk API expected “GOOD” .  After converting it to uppercase the issue was resolved.

If you are in agreement, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

Theoretically, you can downgrade by swapping the Thingworx.war file, in the same way you upgraded.  Note:  Do not leave multiple Thingworx.war files in the <tomcat_home>\webapps folder, even if they have been renamed.  Since you are only moving between patch levels, there are no scripts to be run.

However, before undergoing such a change, I would recommend opening a case for a review of your system and the issue you are experiencing.

If you decide to move forward without a case, you should test in a non-prod environment and then perform extensive testing to validate there are no issues.  In addition, you need to ensure you have the ability to revert back if things don't go well.  If you're running on a VM, you can take a snapshot before proceeding with the downgrade.  If you don't have the ability to create a snapshot, I recommend the following procedure:

• Shut down ThingWorx to ensure all backups are taken cleanly
  • Generate a clean export of the database
  • Copy ThingworxStorage to a backup location (including all subfolders)
  • Copy ThingworxPlatform to a backup location
  • Copy <tomcat_home> to a backup location (including all subfolders)

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Thank you for response.

I have raised already support case about Thingworx 8.5.4 value stream issue. Still issue is not yet resolved.

If issue is not resolved, i will go back to Thingworx 8.5.1. I will follow your given procedure to downgrade.

Regards,

Latha

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

Before making the decision to downgrade, I would like to follow-up on your case to see if we can move it along.  Also, the next patch release will be coming out in the next few weeks, so you may want to wait to try that one.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

From working the case it was found that in the vtq object payload, the Quality was being sent as “Good” but the edge sdk API expected “GOOD” .  After converting it to uppercase the issue was resolved.

If you are in agreement, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags