cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Dropdown widget. Difference between Display Field, State Field, Value Field

nikkolasep
10-Marble

Dropdown widget. Difference between Display Field, State Field, Value Field

Hi all,

This question seems super basic but I still don't quite understand the significant difference (e.g. in using) Display Field, State Field, Value Field in Drop Down widget.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:nikkolasep)

Hello,

The difference between them is quite big.

The Display field:

The infotable field that represents the data value.

The Value field:

The field that is used for SelectedText.

The State field: 

The infotable that represents the state of the line items in the dropdown list.
This property can be used to enable or disable the line items in a dropdown list.

Basically you could see it as, what you put in the display field you will see in the dropdown, and what you put in the value field is the value that will be selected when selecting something in the dropdown.

I generally do not use the state field, so I can't really explain it in a good way.

Here is some more information about the dropdown if you want to read up on it more.

Regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:nikkolasep)

Hello,

The difference between them is quite big.

The Display field:

The infotable field that represents the data value.

The Value field:

The field that is used for SelectedText.

The State field: 

The infotable that represents the state of the line items in the dropdown list.
This property can be used to enable or disable the line items in a dropdown list.

Basically you could see it as, what you put in the display field you will see in the dropdown, and what you put in the value field is the value that will be selected when selecting something in the dropdown.

I generally do not use the state field, so I can't really explain it in a good way.

Here is some more information about the dropdown if you want to read up on it more.

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags