cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Dynamic Mashup

Ziyad
8-Gravel

Dynamic Mashup

Hi Everybody 

I'm I am working on the design of a mashup which will aim to simulate a process used within a factory, and I recently had a crazy Idea that consist of designing the same work environment to make it easier for operators.

The lists below represents, items and elements that are used by operators, so The idea consist of attributing the selected items and elements to a drawer in order to save them, every drawer is represented by a button 

when we click on a button elements that have been selected appears, so if the drawer is full already the button or the widget should appear in red. if the drawer is empty the button should appear in green color.

Can anyone tell me how this could be implemented in thingworx ? do we have the possibility of having a dynamic design that varies depending on the information entered ?

List.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ziyad)

I would say this is very doable.

1. Store the data somewhere, potentially a datatable or external source

2. You can use List type widgets or grids or collection widget to handle the behavior which will be triggered based on selected row(s)

3. Use state based formatting, and potentially mashup containers

I would say that if you go through Intro to Thingworx you should have a lot of these skills

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I would say this is very doable.

1. Store the data somewhere, potentially a datatable or external source

2. You can use List type widgets or grids or collection widget to handle the behavior which will be triggered based on selected row(s)

3. Use state based formatting, and potentially mashup containers

I would say that if you go through Intro to Thingworx you should have a lot of these skills

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ziyad.

If you are satisfied with the previous response, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Ziyad
8-Gravel
(To:slangley)

I will do it of course once I get an answer from Paichung, there is an image that was not uploaded to my first post

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Ziyad.

If you are satisfied with the response to your question, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Ziyad
8-Gravel

Thanks for your answer @PaiChung Paichung, I took a look at the introduction thingworx and it's really nice but I don't have access to all demos unfortunately

Actually I realize that the the image I uploaded does not appear in my first post, so I would like to share with you the image so you can telle me what is the best solution for this.

Here is my drawer : 

drawer1.JPG

I actually made a manual solution by creating two superimposed buttons which have different indexes (11 and 12) which are reversed by clicking on case box.

capture1.JPGcapture2.JPG
how can we program the button switch automatically based on the entries in the list that exists in another mashup
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can  use the Validation and Expression  functions for that which are available in the bottom right on the mashup builder

Ziyad
8-Gravel
(To:PaiChung)

That's what I did. Thanks

Top Tags