cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dynamic collection cell placement

Radu
15-Moonstone

Dynamic collection cell placement

Hello.

I want to know if there is any way to make the collection cells centered to the collection itself, so instead of having the cells at the top of the collection, have them centered.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Radu)

Hi Radu.

Which version of ThingWorx are you using?  If 8.4.x, you might try the Advanced Responsive layout.

If this doesn't help, please provide a mock-up to ensure we're on the same page.

Regards.

--Sharon

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi,

I tried using the Flex Mashup, but it yielded nothing. Currently, the collection looks like this:

Spoiler
test_b4.jpg

But I want it to look like this:

Spoiler
test.png

Any suggestions?

Thank you

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Radu.

Are you really looking to separate the column headers from the data as it appears in the 2nd image?  What is your use case for this?

Also, which version of ThingWorx are you using?  I tested under 8.4.4 and the cells were centered on the screen--not at all like your images depict.

Regards.

--Sharon

Radu
15-Moonstone

Hello.

I am using 8.4.4 too. The second image was a rough sketch of what I wanted to express. I want the collection rows to fill all the available space, leaving no white space below them. I thought this would be feasible if the cells were responsive mashups, but it didn't seem to work. That's what I want to accomplish.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Radu.

Unless someone else on the community has some ideas, you may have to write your own widget.  Please refer to these sources for guidance:

ThingWorx Application Development Guide

ThingWorx Extension Development Guide

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags