cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Dynamically change the size of a container to fit content

JO_9930585
10-Marble

Dynamically change the size of a container to fit content

I want to be able to turn scrolling off for everything except the main(parent) container. This way the page scrolls like a normal web app would. I have a parent container with many other containers within it. I can set the parent container to "scroll current container" and this works sometimes. One instance it does not work is if I have a collection widget in one of the child containers. I do not know ahead of time how many collections will be in this child container and thus I cannot make it a fixed size. The collection, therefore, scrolls even though I do not want it too. How can I turn off the scrolling for the collection and have it fit the container completely, or dynamically resize the container so I only have a single page scroll?

Another example is if I have a label widget that pulls large text bodies from a DB that can vary greatly in size. How can I make the text dynamically resize the container it is in so that no scrollbar appears? This problem seems to only exist when an inner container has static positioning, as far as I can tell, but I need this to stay static. I will attach an example of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:JO_9930585)

Hi @JO_9930585.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running? There are some upcoming changes in 9.3 (targeted for late December) that will allow more control over this.  There is an option to disable it in that release.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The second example is definitely easier to work around as I can make the positioning responsive and set margins etc.. in my css. The collection widget is going to be the tough one here.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:JO_9930585)

Hi @JO_9930585.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running? There are some upcoming changes in 9.3 (targeted for late December) that will allow more control over this.  There is an option to disable it in that release.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @JO_9930585.

ThingWorx 9.3 is now available for download.  Please take a look to see if your issue is now resolved.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags