cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

E-mail Send fails,unable to send error email for logged incident in twx 8.5.0

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

E-mail Send fails,unable to send error email for logged incident in twx 8.5.0

Hi,

Facing issue with email send using Gmail SMTP settings. same i had used earlier it was working fine but sudden it is failing to send. giving error, unable to send error email for logged incident.  please see below snap for reference.

VaibhavShinde_0-1590334289777.png

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

1. Are you using Mail Extension 3.6?
  2. Do you see any error in Application log?
  3. Are you able to connect from your TWX server using telnet?
    telnet smtp.gmail.com 465
  4. You said it was working before but still could you please confirm that your gmail account is enabled to allow less secure apps?

rjanardan_0-1590391279954.jpeg

I want to correct something for point 4.

If your Google account has Two Factor Authentication enabled (2FA), you can not enable or disable that setting.

Annotation 2020-05-25 122653.png

Instead, you will need to create Application Specific Passwords  and use those as your password (a common behavior with almost all the third party systems that use 2FA today, GitHub, Azure DevOps etc).

Annotation 2020-05-25 122847.png

And yes, I do know that I did not change my password from 2014.

Two step verification is off already.

Thanks

Hi @rjanardan 

I have enabled less secure app , i have mentioned error in topic heading from application log and using mail extension 3.6 but i don't know about telnet.

Thanks

Hello @VaibhavShinde 

Hello @VaibhavShinde 

Please refer below articles you will get all the details needed for the issue.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS200624

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS236135

Please revert in case of further concern.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Hi om,

I tried both articles but still its not working . Saying, unable to send error emails for logged incident.

Thank you

1. Please go in the Logging subsystem, enable stack tracing, try to send again your mail.

After it fails, go in the ThingWorx storage folder, in logs, and check the last entry in the ErrorLog.log file (look for the exact file name corresponding to today).

That line should correspond to your error. Tell us the stack trace, exactly how it is there.

2. What was the message after running telnet?

Top Tags