cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

EMS not working on Embedded Linux PC (not BBB/Raspi/X86 PC)

szuo-2
6-Contributor

EMS not working on Embedded Linux PC (not BBB/Raspi/X86 PC)

I have already passed the EMS setup on Win10/Ubuntu, and OK to access to Thingworx. However, I can’t start the EMS package (MED-61060-CD-054_F000_Microserver-Linux-arm-openssl-5-4-0-114,MED-61060-CD-054_F000_Microserver-Linux-arm-hwfpu-openssl-5-4-0-114……) on my embed ARM Linux PC. The embed Linux PC is TI’s AM3352, with two 100M Lan, one RS485, 256M DDR3/256M NandFlash,and 4G access. Clearly it is an embed ARM PC, and its Linux Kernel was Tailored already, not a release of Debian/Ubuntu/Mint…I can’t initial the EMS on it as the instructions of BBB/Raspi. Probably it is because of some lib was missed to initial the EMS. I compiled the LUA in it and running OK. Could anyone can help on this? Here attached my capture of the issues for your referential:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"No such file or directory" is generally returned when the dynamic loader is not found (ld-linux.so).

The following article may help : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS289594

[edited] Just reviewed the data attached to the original post and this article is definitely relevant.

-- sma

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:szuo-2)

Hello,

First, is lua installed and working, or is that where the problem is?

-- Craig A,

szuo-2
6-Contributor
(To:CRArko)

Yes. lua 5.1.5 was installed and working (compiled with its source code), as showed in the attached figure (WSEMS and LuaScript not working.png) in the first post.

The issue is, the wsems/LuaScriptResource can't be executed (-SH: ./wsems: No such file or directory).  

I think probably because of some lib was missed to initial the EMS, but I don’t know which lib was missed .

LouStein
12-Amethyst
(To:szuo-2)

Hi,

I am having no problem executing  wsems on my RaspberryPi using Raspberian.

I didn't try to configure my wsems but as you can see below it executes fine.

this is using lua 5.1.5 and ARMv 71  and EMS 5.4.2-334

console.PNG

szuo-2
6-Contributor
(To:LouStein)

Thank you.

Yes, I execute EMS on Windows/Ubuntu/Raspberian and runs OK. 

The key difference here is the linux 3.2.0 kernel for this emmbed hardware was tailored already.  So I complied the lua 5.1.5 with its source code, while the issue was no resolved, and I can't execute the wsems on this hardware. 

"No such file or directory" is generally returned when the dynamic loader is not found (ld-linux.so).

The following article may help : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS289594

[edited] Just reviewed the data attached to the original post and this article is definitely relevant.

-- sma

szuo-2
6-Contributor
(To:smainente)

Thank you. Seems OK. 

Top Tags