cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Encrypt fields in User Extensions for a User

rsubramanya
4-Participant

Encrypt fields in User Extensions for a User

How can I encrypt fields like emailAddress and mobilePhone in the User Extensions tab for a particular user?

Can I remove some of the fields that I do not wish to be displayed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All the fields in user extensions are typically property of a user .You can use setPropertyValues on a user to set all the property and use encryptStringWithKey function of Encryption Functions to encrypt particular property (I have not tested this) but I think this way it may work .

All these properties typically come from UserExtension Thing Shape .These are all inherited property from User Extension thing shape .So if you want to remove/add something you can do it in thing shape and it should reflect for every user .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

All the fields in user extensions are typically property of a user .You can use setPropertyValues on a user to set all the property and use encryptStringWithKey function of Encryption Functions to encrypt particular property (I have not tested this) but I think this way it may work .

All these properties typically come from UserExtension Thing Shape .These are all inherited property from User Extension thing shape .So if you want to remove/add something you can do it in thing shape and it should reflect for every user .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rsubramanya)

Hi @rsubramanya.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags