cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Enhancing or Updating mashup experience.

Kiran1
11-Garnet

Enhancing or Updating mashup experience.

Hello,

I wish to add a spinning wheel in the mashup till result is not yet ready for display.

Since the above result is obtained from an api call outside thingworx environment inbuilt feature in the mashup of Data Load is of no use.

How can i add this?

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Kiran1)

When you say outside service, you mean to say that you aren't using a Service to load the content, but you have something like a WebFrame?

Not too sure how you'd do it if that is the case.

If you can / have wrapped that external service with a Thingworx Service, you can just use the Call and ServiceInvoke completed to show/hide an animated gif spinner.

Kiran1
11-Garnet
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks Pai for responding.

Still i have a question.

I wish to show the loader gif in place of widgets namely "image" and "value display".

This loader gif should be visible till i am fetching some properties from an  external service call which is wrapped inside a thingworx service.

I am unable to hide and show the loader gif as you said but i could do is to call the loader gif using GetProperties service but this is also possible only in image widget and not in value display. Also in image widget the displayed loader is not good for display as it is covered up entirely in the image widget space and hence getting blurred and too big in size to view it properly.

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,

Kiran

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Kiran1)

The event that fires GetProperties should also allow you to show the loader image, either using a validator and vis/invis or a popup mashup and then GetProperties serviceinvoke completed can remove that again

Kiran1
11-Garnet
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung,

i couldn't get exactly about solution you provided.

Could you please elaborate on this especially using validator and use of popup mashups?

PFA for details. All 4 locations where you can see loader in the attached image are "Image" widgets where 4 different images will be seen when a service execution is completed. Since i have image widgets already present in the mashup i want to show the loader gif for the user when a service is in progress but i am unable to reduce the size of the loader and this usage of loader is asthetically quite unpleasant. How can i resolve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Top Tags