cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error Executing Event Handler 'ForwardEvent' for event Type.Thing:Entity.MyThing:Event.DataChange

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

Error Executing Event Handler 'ForwardEvent' for event Type.Thing:Entity.MyThing:Event.DataChange

Dear Community,

My Thingworx version is 9.1 and I encountered this problem in my environment:

Error Executing Event Handler 'ForwardEvent' for event Type.Thing:Entity.MyThing:Event.DataChange:Property.myproperty

Then I found the following article, it is in the same situation. But I am using the mashup of the administrator user view, and this problem still occurs. Is there any temporary solution? Thank you

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS243895?&language=en&posno=1&q=ForwardEvent&source=search

CZ_9645217_0-1622619793473.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:yhan)

@yhan 

We cancelled Automatically update properties, then solved, Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:CZ_9645217)

Can you try to grant these permissions manually for your Administrator user?

1. Permissions > Collection > Things > Runtime,  add your account and grant Service Execute && Event Subscribe

6-3-2021 10-39-37 AM.jpg

2. Look for BrowserGateway,Visit permission > Runtime > instances, add your account and grant Service Execute && Event Subscribe

6-3-2021 10-49-43 AM.jpg

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

@yhan 

I followed the above steps and restarted tomcat, but the error log still exists, Is there any other solution? Thank you!

Best Regards,

Chason

yhan
17-Peridot

Could you share your logs here?
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

@yhan 

Here is error log, Thank you!

yhan
17-Peridot

From the error log, I'm afraid the property value is even not logging into value stream in persistence provider, because it shows "Failed to dispatch event. Invalid Thing In Event Type.Thing:Entity.PersistentSession9e88fcae-7808-4f46-a944-1dd245ac4eac".

Could you check that firstly --- if these properties are updated normally?

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

@yhan 

We cancelled Automatically update properties, then solved, Thank you!

Top Tags