cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Error : " Must have a datashape defined to add rows"

dunnowhattogive
2-Guest

Error : " Must have a datashape defined to add rows"

Hello all,

I have been following this tutorial of sorts to connect Thingworx to external databases.

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/external-databases/external-database-read

I'm using a MySQL database. the problem arises when I am trying to run a javascript based query service. I am not getting any results to the query when I run the service and the reason is quoted as  " Must have a datashape defined to add rows".

3 REPLIES 3

Are you able to share your JavaScript?

This sounds like you're attempting to add a row to an InfoTable without a DataShape assigned.

Hi team !

We use Thingworx 8.4.0.

We have the same error message over here : we created a custom JDBC connector extension with a service that queried a Cosmos DB instance, it was working fine but then we added new services and we got this message when executing either the original service or the new ones. The strangest thing is that we reverted to the old extension ZIP with proper uninstallation of the new extension, the problem remained !! We cleared the browser images & files cache but it's not changing a thing.

Any idea ?

Are you able to pinpoint what line is causing the error by using log statements and checking the ScriptLog? Or do you believe it's something coming from the extension?

Top Tags