cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error importing: error, Not Acceptable

rmasoud1
1-Newbie

Error importing: error, Not Acceptable

Was able to import files and extensions without a problem earlier this week and not I just receive this message.

24 REPLIES 24
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:rmasoud1)

What is your Thingworx platform version and what is the extension you are trying to install? What is the extension version? Was it downloaded from the marketplace or is it custom developed?

ThimgWorx 8.0.0 and I am completing some courses and need to import a few files from the lab and demo files.

posipova
20-Turquoise

make sure you are importing .twx and .xml files as entities, and json as data; .zip as extension (and ensure to unarchive those extensions that are double zipped)

I am but the .xml files continue to give me the same error.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please give a screenshot of your upload screen? like this

Capture.PNG

posipova
20-Turquoise

Hmm could you please email me that file, not sure if those are entities. posipova@ptc.com

Just sent it

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Polina Osipova​,

I have ThingWorx version 8.0.0. You can forward the file to me and I can try to import it.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I am able to import it with no problem. What version of thingworx are you on?

I am using 8.0.0. Looking at the log I keep getting this error.

Unable to process import: ERROR adding User with name = [ThingWorxStudent]: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

posipova
20-Turquoise

Where did you download the demo file from? It might not be compatible with 8.0

Off of ptc university and it is a course for 8.0

Hi Rami,

Did you find solution to your problem ? If yes,Can you please share the solution as I am also facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Kirti

Sorry I did not. This was the case for any Thingworx demo files only.

Hi,

I'm also trying to import an entity (Entities.xml) from one machine to another and getting below errors.

1. Internal error: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

2. [message: [1,013] Data store invalid session error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

Note: both the machines has same configuration and TWX version.

What could be the reason of it?

ytella
17-Peridot
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi Tarun Nayyar,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if you still see an Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence error:

• Resolution
    • Add -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 property to JAVA_OPTS Java options for tomcat
  • Workaround for already exported file
    1. Open the XML in notepad
    2. No extra space should be there at the beginning and end of the document
    3. Select File -> Save As
    4. Select save as type -> All files
    5. Enter file name as abcd.xml
    6. Select Encoding as UTF-8 -> Click Save
marcelpaiva
5-Regular Member

Hi,

I am having the same error trying to import a file from an trial server to another trial server.

I tried it with .xml and .twx, both giving me the same error,

I have installed the same extensions on both platforms.

Is the source of this error known?

Thank you in advance.

Marcel

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine
(To:marcelpaiva)

Are you transferring from the same database or different.

marcelpaiva
5-Regular Member
(To:gnandyala)

I am not sure, are you refering to the thingworx Storage option?

I am acessing the platforms in the same computer, exporting the entities as files from one and trying to import to another.

As far as I know they are in the same server, and they have the same thingworx version.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:marcelpaiva)

Please open the application log (found in ThingworxStorage /logs) and see the exact error. Likely a missing extension.

marcelpaiva
5-Regular Member

I do not have acess to this folder, i believe it is in the server where the trial instance runs

I could find the logs on the mashup:

marcelpaiva
5-Regular Member

Going through the logs in the mashup i believe i found the error that is keeping me from importing this project:

I don't know how to fix it however, I have found no users with this name in the current instance. Could this be a ghost entity?

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hello, you can try this:

- create the user "trox" indicated

- import the entity

- remove everything related to this user from entity imported (Permissions, Services...). You can search "trox" in the entity .xml file.

Top Tags