cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error in connecting Oracle database to Thingworx Platform

rajee
11-Garnet

Error in connecting Oracle database to Thingworx Platform

I followed the document https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS229265. When i try to test the connection, i am getting an error called, thing not working. I have mentioned the error and details which I included

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajee
11-Garnet
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley

I have been using trial version, Now when i used the licensed version, I could connect to oracle database using relational database connector.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:rajee)

Hi @rajee,

Can you please remove the semi-colon (;) from the end of query and try executing the service.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Surekha
12-Amethyst
(To:hchanana)

Hi @hchanana,

Thank you for your response.We have tried by removing the semi-colon (;)  also, but showing same error

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Surekha)

Hi @rajee and @Surekha.

Have you checked the logs at \ThingworxStorage\logs for additional information regarding the failure?  I assume Oracle is running on a different machine.  If so, have you validated that you can connect to the database outside of ThingWorx from the ThingWorx server?

Regards.

--Sharon

rajee
11-Garnet

HI @Sharon

Is that mandatory that oracle database server, thingworx server should
be on same system.
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rajee.

To answer your question regarding running Oracle on the same server, the answer is no, not at all.  It would be expected that the database servers to which you are connecting would be running on dedicated machines separate from the machine hosting ThingWorx.

My point was that you need to make sure there are no firewall rules affecting connectivity between the servers--either at the o/s level or the network level.

Regards.

--Sharon

rajee
11-Garnet

Hi @slangley

Firewall is not blocking any of these ports, we have been using this ports in other services too. 

Regards

--rajee

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rajee.

Please check the logs at \ThingworxStorage\logs for the time of the error to determine more information regarding the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

rajee
11-Garnet

Hi @slangley

I have been using trial version, Now when i used the licensed version, I could connect to oracle database using relational database connector.

Top Tags