cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Error installation Thingworx Foundation 9.1

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

Error installation Thingworx Foundation 9.1

I'm trying to install Foundation 9.1 trial, with no success. I have checked the Java version,it's OK. The installer goes on untill step 3, without problem. I can even see the installer creates the folders for the program, but then I receive a message error, telling that the installation failed, and the application will exit. And all the new folders disappear.

ML_8931370_0-1618318604825.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ML_8931370)

The only other thing that I can think off is that perhaps it has to do with your language setting and if you could temporarily set it to English (US) and see if that works or not.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

TBH I've never used the installer, but I would check your system path make sure it points to the right version of java (Environment Variables/Path)

The other would be perhaps permissions, run as Administrator?

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

I confirm that Java path is OK, and I run installation as administrator.

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @ML_8931370 

Could you please send me the installation log file, you can capture that before exiting the installer .

File must be present at the directory where your ThingWorx is getting installed.

Also, please share the value which you are setting in your "JAVA_HOME" and "path" system variable

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member
(To:tdixit)

I have been trying again in a VM with W10 64, a new installation.

And, unfortunately, I get the same result. I can not send any log files, because the Thingworx folder dissappears when I get the installation error.

I have added the lines for the Path and Java_home values:

Path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_281\bin

Java_home:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_281

Thanks for you help!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Try getting the log file, before you click 'Aceptar' after the error.

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

I have already tried, but all the files are gone beofre that click...

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Maybe then try before it even comes to that point? Even if you can't 'copy' the file you might be able to read the content.

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

Not easy to read all the file..., but luckily I was able to copy the log before it dissapeared.

Thanks again!

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @ML_8931370 

As suspected by @PaiChung  this is Java related issue. I can see below error in logs

C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1\tomcat\current\bin>call service.bat install ThingWorx-Foundation
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

You need to set JAVA_HOME properly , the JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE and "path" should also point to %JAVA_HOME%/bin

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member
(To:tdixit)

Sorry, but still didn't arrive to the end on the installation. I dowloaded the JDK and wrote the environment variables. I attach the log for this new trial.

Thanks again!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I don't see any errors in the log. But I did notice:

Using JAVA_HOME: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-16"

That's the wrong Java_Home I believe

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

I don't know, I haven't found any information about that, but Tdixit told in a former answer that Java_home should be a "jdk", not  a JRE

Regards

Miguel Lage

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

In case this could help, the last error screen that I get now is the one attached. The point is that, even before pressing "Aceptar", the log file has been erased by the installer.

ML_8931370_0-1618499353605.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The only other thing that I can think off is that perhaps it has to do with your language setting and if you could temporarily set it to English (US) and see if that works or not.

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

Yes, there was some issue about language settings. Finally, I changed the Windows language to US English, and the installation has run correctly until the end. The application is working!

Thanks for your kind help!

Miguel Lage

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Can you please report this issue to support.ptc.com?

thanks!

ML_8931370
5-Regular Member

I am using the trial version, so, I believe that I can not open a Support case.

Regards.

Miguel Lage

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That JDK though  should also be in that 8. something folder vs. this strange 1-6 it is pointing to.

Top Tags