cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error installing Thingworx H2 Trial 8.4 version

ljam
9-Granite

Error installing Thingworx H2 Trial 8.4 version

Hello,

I have an error when I'm trying to install Thingworx H2 trial 8.4 version. The error is the next message:

"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly

Error running .\check-http-response--username: "Administrator" --password:****--hostname "localhost" -- hostport "8084" --useSSL=0:1 "

I execute in administrator mode and with other ports but I don't know how to solve this problem. Any idea? Iread this post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-8-4-Trial-Warning-Problem-running-post-install-step/m-p/624346

But that solution doesn´t work for me, I have the correct system requeriments. Could you help me with this?

Thank you in advance

BR

Luis

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ljam)

Hi @ljam.

Apologies for the issues you are experiencing.

If you have validated that your system conforms with the requirements, you will need to follow the manual install process to circumvent the issues:

ThingWorx 8.4 System Requirements

Installing ThingWorx 8

We will have new installers available once ThingWorx 8.5 is released.

Regards.

--Sharon

ljam
9-Granite
(To:slangley)

Thank you for your answer Sharon, but with Trial 8.4 version I think that you can't do the manual install because the file is .exe. Correct me if It isn't that way.

Thank you

BR

--Luis

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ljam.

Apologies--you are correct.  We also have installers for commercial versions and I confused that with the trial versions.

We will have new trial versions available once ThingWorx 8.5 is released which may circumvent the problems.  In the meantime, can you provide your hardware configuration?  Are you installing the Linux or Windows version?

Regards.

--Sharon

ljam
9-Granite

Hi @slangley 

Don't worry. I installed Thingworx on Windows 7 64-bit and my hardware is the next:

i7-6820HQ 2.7GHz

16 GB RAM

1 TB disk space

Do you know when Thingworx 8.5 trial is released?

Thank you

BR

--Luis

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ljam.

It sounds like you have an acceptable configuration but wanted to be sure you saw the Windows trial installation guide located here.  Step 2 of this guide reviews the java version needed.  Please validate that you have installed Oracle version 8 64-bit.  Open JDK is not supported.

If that is not the cause of the issue, please let us know and we will keep digging.

To answer your question regarding the availability of the 8.5 trial version.....I was told it would take about 6 weeks from the release of ThingWorx 8.5 before the trials could be made available.  Assuming there are no delays in the release, we are looking at some time in November for the availability of the 8.5 trial.

Regards.

--Sharon

ljam
9-Granite

Hi @slangley ,

I reviewed Java version and I have 1.8.0_221, and I still have this problem I don't know how to solve it. Thank you for your research and for the information about when Thingworx 8.5 trial will available.

Regards,

-Luis

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ljam.

We apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the trial version installation.  In lieu of a local installation, you could try a 30-day hosted trial if you haven't already used this option.  Otherwise, we can continue troubleshooting.

I tested the installation accepting mostly defaults (screenshots attached).  When it asked for the Administrator password, I included a character that was not allowed causing the installation to error:

Please run the install again, but before clicking OK to clear the error, go to the following path (assuming you accepted the default) to grab the logs:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\ThingworxStorage\logs

Once you click OK, the logs will be removed during the uninstall and cleanup.

If you could then send screenshots of the error messages and the logs, we will try to figure out why it's failing.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ljam.

Just wondering if you found a solution to the issue you were experiencing while trying to install the trial version of ThingWorx.  If not, something else you can do, aside from the information in the previous post, is to check your environment variables to see if you have a setting for JAVA_HOME.  If so, trying removing it temporarily before running the installer.  It can be added back after the installation completes.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags