cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Error on Automatically update value when able, got error internal exception 1

echo
1-Newbie

Error on Automatically update value when able, got error internal exception 1

Hi,

I had linked ThingWorx to KepServerEx and would like to display the value on screen.

I am using the GetProperties service and check "Automatically update value when able" checkbox

11.PNG

but I got error

22.PNG

if I uncheck the ""Automatically update value when able" checkbox, I got value showing on screen but not changing.

any reason why?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:echo)

Can you check the application log to see if there are any more detailed errors?

mattroy
5-Regular Member

Greetings! 

I have never used the “Automatically update..." checkbox, but it is possible to add an Auto Refresh widget to the Mashup and use it as an Event Trigger for GetProperties. Auto Refresh has an adjustable refresh interval and a property that allows controls to be hidden.

Another way would be to use the ServiceInvokeCompleted event on GetProperties, but I suspect doing so would introduce unnecessary load since the service will then run continuously. 

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Eric, was this on IE 11 by any chance? In any case, this has been fixed in the 7.2.6 and 7.3.0 versions of ThingWorx.

echo
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Thanks guy, finally i got it solved, which caused by the ThingWorx permission checking.

With this new function, the Auto Refresh function and extra event is not required anymore, very handy (to me).

For your all info, I am using ThingWorx 7.2 on Windows server 2012 and am using IE 11 to do the composing and viewing.

Top Tags