cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error upon installation of Thingworx flow

AndrewMckinney
4-Participant

Error upon installation of Thingworx flow

I am attemping to unstall thingworx flow on thingworx foundation 8.5. I have not been ale to get Thingworx Flow running. After running the installer, this error appears in the installer log:

Executing sc
Error running sc query ThingWorx-Flow: Program ended with an error exit code
[10:48:22] - Previous installation of ThingWorx-Flow found: flow_service_exists

There was no previous installation of Thingworx flow attempted on the machine I was using.

for more context, these errors appear in the flow-engine-logs:

{"module":"engine-exchange-helper","timestamp":"2020-06-03T18:31:38.469Z","level":"error","message":"Unable to process request for csrf connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:7822"}
{"module":"engine-exchange-helper","timestamp":"2020-06-03T18:31:38.471Z","level":"error","message":"Exchange Request Failed {"errno":"ECONNREFUSED","code":"ECONNREFUSED","syscall":"connect","address":"127.0.0.1","port":7822}"}
{"module":"exchange-handler","timestamp":"2020-06-03T18:31:38.471Z","level":"error","message":"isExchangeRunning.catch error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:7822 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1191:14)"}

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AndrewMckinney.

The error message you provided indicates you have made multiple attempts to install the product.  In order to re-install, all remnants from the previous installation have to be removed manually.  It would be good to know why the installation failed initially, but I'm assuming you don't have those logs.

It would be best to open a case for this so that one of our engineers can walk you through the process of removing the artifacts from the previous installation attempts.  If you can provide your corporate email address and company name for your PTC support account (under private email), I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @AndrewMckinney.

Did you open a case for your issue or were you able to resolve it on your own?

Please let us know how we can help.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags