cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error when deleting extension

SriKrishna
5-Regular Member

Error when deleting extension

Hi,

I am facing an error when trying to delete an extension. I have deleted the dependencies but getting error as below when deleting the extension.

Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensionPackage on PlatformSubsystem: An error occurred while registering javascript resources. Attached the error screenshot.I haven't found much information from the log. Can anyone please help on resolving this.

Regards,

Srikrishna

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I cannot see much in the screenshot you attached.

But i recommend to follow the solution from this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS232209

Also, try to restart Tomcat, maybe there is a caching issue.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

SriKrishna
5-Regular Member
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for your response

We have tried tomcat restart but it didn’t work. The solution in the other article is when Extension is deleted and some entities are not deleted causing issues during re-import. But here we are getting an error while deleting the Extension itself which is not deleted.

Regards,

Srikrishna

Hi,

Please check extension reference from model_index, extensions and extension_package tables in the database.

If you can identify your extension, you can delete manually the rows from tables.

Also, check if you have ghost entities on your system.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

SriKrishna
5-Regular Member
(To:raluca_edu)

This is Production instance so team is reluctant to delete from tables. I can see below errors from logs as well
Entity Manager returned NULL for ExtensionEntity [name: TimeSheetDataShape_geIntegratedDiscreteExecution, type: DataShape]
[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@7bb7c1ac][message: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensionPackage on PlatformSubsystem : An error occurred while registering JavaScript resources. Check application log for more details.]
Error occurred cleaning the resource registration files.
ERROR - un-installing Extension Package: GVL-IntegratedDiscreteExecutionExtension
Entity Manager returned NULL for ExtensionEntity [name: TimeSheetDataShape_geIntegratedDiscreteExecution, type: DataShape]
Entity Manager returned NULL for ExtensionEntity [name: NonConformance_GetDispoInfoDataShape_geIntegratedDiscreteExecution, type: DataShape]

Above error comes multiple times. I checked this error comes if index.hmtl files deleted but it is present

Can you please help ?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not know any other solution to this.

Please follow article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS232209

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags