cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Event Routers infotable inputs

lala_guliyeva
10-Marble

Event Routers infotable inputs

Hello everyone,

I want to ask: why there is no data shape choosing for infotable input in events router function? It makes event router useless for cases when data shape of function output is needed - for example, if I want to use output infotable for dropdown, list or data grid.

I'm using TW 8.5

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @lala_guliyeva,

I don't know why, so I don't have an answer to your question.

However, as a workaround you can try the following trick, which works for us at least for Dropdowns:

1. First configure your dropdown while it is bound to a data source with a data shape defined
  2. Save the mashup
  3. Replace the binding with Events Router, so that it asks you whether you want to replace the existing binding, and save again

I believe that it should also work for Grids and other widgets. The reason why it works is because even if you replace the binding to Data, the widget still keeps the old config (unless you change it again).

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or feature, but we've been exploiting it quite extensively.

Regards,
Constantine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @lala_guliyeva,

I don't know why, so I don't have an answer to your question.

However, as a workaround you can try the following trick, which works for us at least for Dropdowns:

1. First configure your dropdown while it is bound to a data source with a data shape defined
  2. Save the mashup
  3. Replace the binding with Events Router, so that it asks you whether you want to replace the existing binding, and save again

I believe that it should also work for Grids and other widgets. The reason why it works is because even if you replace the binding to Data, the widget still keeps the old config (unless you change it again).

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or feature, but we've been exploiting it quite extensively.

Regards,
Constantine

thank you for your answer! But it doesn't work for my custom data grid widget. I use another way: I send output of events router to one 'dumb' service that returns me the same infotable with defined datashape, but this is kinda ugly trick. Why I think that this is not right: 

1. Personally I understand mashup functions as helper, 'technical' services, so if it's possible to return infotable with defined (or not defined) datashape from service, why we don't have save opportunity for function
  2. Everywhere when we can choose infotable as input or output type we have option of datashape choosing as well: for services inputs and outputs, for mashup params, for datashape properties and etc, so it seems strange that only in events router there is no such opportunity. 

I've just thought of another workaround, which is just as ugly, but should do the trick without waiting for the response from the server (it will still send the request though) -- bind the result of your event router to an INFOTABLE session variable and then bind it back to your widget.

If your custom widget is based on Advanced Grid, you might be able to configure the columns explicitly via a JSON parameter.

I agree that it should be supported out of the box.

/ Constantine

Hi @lala_guliyeva.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags