cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Event and mail generation

adityak506
7-Bedrock

Event and mail generation

Hi All,

I have two properties A and B, now I want to generate an event when property A value is less than B value. Also I need to send an email when this condition happens. How I can achieve this? I am using ThingWorx 8.3 version.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:adityak506)

You can do this by using the DataChange event.

You'd have to probably monitor the change in both the A and B values.

Also please be aware, if these values change often, then you might be sending a lot of notifications.

So you might want to either create some logic to prevent that, or resolve this into a Boolean Property that you set to True or False this way you can provide a 'lock in' and then send notification on the true/false toggle

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:adityak506)

You can do this by using the DataChange event.

You'd have to probably monitor the change in both the A and B values.

Also please be aware, if these values change often, then you might be sending a lot of notifications.

So you might want to either create some logic to prevent that, or resolve this into a Boolean Property that you set to True or False this way you can provide a 'lock in' and then send notification on the true/false toggle

Thank you for the reply

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @adityak506.

If you are satisfied with the response provided by @PaiChung, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags