cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Export FileRepository with files from Thingworx 9.1.0 and import again it to TWX version 9.1.1

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Export FileRepository with files from Thingworx 9.1.0 and import again it to TWX version 9.1.1

Hi ,

How to export and import File repository with files in Cloud instance?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Either copy them out directly from the server, or use the approach I mentioned in my previous post. Using GetFileListingWithLinks gives you download links to download the files to your client machine.

Upload widget can put them into a repository on the server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can use the file upload widget to place files in a repository.

You can use GetFileListingWithLinks on a file repository to get download links for files in the repo.

Usually I create a 'Repo Mashup' that has an Entity Picker, a Tree Widget and a Grid using GetDirectoryStructure and GetFileListingWithLinks to easily browse through all my repositories and manage the file content (you can add create directory, delete file, unzip services and file upload widget)

Hi @PaiChung ,

I am migrating project from TWX 9.1.0 to TWX 9.1.1. I have already exported project and imported into new version of TWX. but 

I am not seeing any files in FileRepository which i had created in version 9.1.0. because of large no. of files and complex directory structure 

i can't create/upload again in TWX version 9.1.1. So How we can export File Repository with folders and files and Import it to New TWX version?

Thanks

Either copy them out directly from the server, or use the approach I mentioned in my previous post. Using GetFileListingWithLinks gives you download links to download the files to your client machine.

Upload widget can put them into a repository on the server.

Top Tags