cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Export Infotable to Excel Document or create Print friendly view

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

Export Infotable to Excel Document or create Print friendly view

Hello,

Is there a way to create a service that will export a data table to an excel file for users to download when viewing a mashup? Is it also possible to create a more printer friendly version of an infotable listing information that needs to be scrolled through on a mashup?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Michael, the Data Export widget allows any data source in the mashup environment to be exported as CSV which you can then open in Excel.

Unfortunately there currently isn't a printer friendly version of what you want.
This would have to be a custom extension.

Thank you for the help Pai!

kdonald
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Hi,

I would like to export data to a csv file periodically (i.e. once daily), via a SchedulerEvent.

But to my knowledge, csv's can only be exported by manually clicking on the Data Export button inside of a mash-up.

Is this possible to trigger the export data widget via a subscription? Or is there another work-around?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

With the CSVParser extension, you can easily write a CSV file from an Infotable on a FileRepository.

Carles.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:kdonald)

You also have Write/Save Text file available for repositories.

Do you have a code snippet to save in repository?

Thanks

Sorry for open again this post but I'd like to know one thing:

if I have a dashboard with several tabs, is it possible to place my data export button in the footer of the master and, when I click on it, it will download the data of the current tab?

This means my button is responsive with my dashboard.

Data Export button, exports an Infotable, a Dashboard it's not an Infotable. If on you current Tab, you have data that can be resumed to an Infotable, then you can bind this data to the export widget and it will do it.

But you won't be able to know which Tab it's selected on the Dashboard, then it's not possible to export current Dashboard Tab.

Carles.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:fmanniti)

If you can pass context to the Widget from your dashboards (using session parameters for example) it is possible.

But my first thought would be that these services bringing back the data will differ quite a lot from each other and as such it'll be complicated to do.

I think it will be easier to layer buttons and have the visibility toggle based on context so each export button is tied to a specific service.

Not knowing what else you do with the data before export this may not necessarily be the best way either sorry.

Top Tags