cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Expression Function not working correctly in Thingworx

ShahnazKNassar
5-Regular Member

Expression Function not working correctly in Thingworx

Hi,

Thanks in advance. I had a query on the Expression function in Thingworx.

I was using the Expression widget for some simple calculations and check, it returns Output only when there is 'no' parameter or 'one' parameter.

When I try to add more than one parameter, after saving the Mashup when I check it the Output is set to null.

Attaching the screenshots of the same.

3 REPLIES 3

What version of ThingWorx are you using?

Are you able to select an output type after it gets reset to null? Does it save then?

Hi @eliotlandrum ,

I'm using ThingWorx 8.5.4.

I'm able to select Output after it gets resets to null, but after saving the Mashup and then viewing the expression, the output type again changes to null.

This only happens when I'm using 2 parameters as input for Expression.

It is working for null, one, and more than 2 parameters. Sorry for not mentioning this in the first message.

I have seen this a couple of times before, but I can't reproduce it right now and I'm not sure what the conditions were that I saw it. I tried a bunch of variations on a clean 8.5.4 installation and wasn't able to reproduce it.

Could you attach an export of the mashup if there is no proprietary information on it?

Top Tags