cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Extension importing issue

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Extension importing issue

I was trying to Import a extension ConnectionServicesExtension-2.2.4 as per the instructions given in the following link:  https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/azure-connector-guide/import-extensions

Then I get the following error:

[context: Extension Exception][message: Error parsing C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions\temp\ConnectionServicesExtension-2.2.4_8fa5c171-09fa-4acc-9cea-dbcdf80a2ecf\ConnectionServicesExtension-2.2.4\Entities\Things\ProtocolAdapterLeaderElectionTimer.xml: (20, 32): cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'inheritedValueStream' is not allowed to appear in element 'Thing'.]

The Thingworx version is 8.4.5

So what will be solutions to avoid this.
@paic @slangley @c_lowy 

Thanks !!
Shashi

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

The Only solution for this is to update to the latest version, I was using the 8.5 version and upgraded to the 9.2 it is working fine !!

Thanks,

Shashi

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Looks like maybe what can or can not be in an extension and in the definition has changed between the time this extension was created and the TWX version you are importing to.

If the entity definition is in XML you could perhaps just remove the 'inheritedValueStream' element and then assign a value stream after import.

Sorry I haven't worked with this extension before, nor am I familiar with the error, just interpreting what I am reading.

Hi @PaiChung ,

Thanks for the quick response, after removing it, I keep on getting lot of more and more similar type of errors and removed them from the files, finally I stuck at 

[context: Extension Exception][message: ExtensionPackage Cannot Contain System Objects or Editable System Objects]

Anything can be done about this ?

Shashi Preetham

Seems to imply that somehow in the package there are entities that are considered system objects?

Maybe some ThingShape/Template or DataShape?

Hi there,

The Only solution for this is to update to the latest version, I was using the 8.5 version and upgraded to the 9.2 it is working fine !!

Thanks,

Shashi

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags