cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Extensions

golsen1
4-Participant

Extensions

Why does PTC create extensions and not provide any documentation with them, not even an example of usage?  I could write a service with named parameters, hide the code and not tell anyone how to use the parameters or what limits they may have.  It might not be very useful to anyone but myself.  This isn't best practice is it?

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:golsen1)

Hi @golsen1.

We apologize for this issue.  Please provide details of the extensions you are struggling with and we will follow-up to try to get the documentation updated as appropriate.

Regards.

--Sharon

golsen1
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

The Universal Converter extension.  I'm trying to quickly convert an XML string into an Infotable.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @golsen1.

Please refer to your other post specific to the Universal Converter extension for further details.

Unfortunately, some extensions available on the Marketplace are not supported by PTC.  That being said, I have reached out to see if we can provide better documentation around this extension.

Are there other extensions you are struggling with?  If so, please provide the list so we can assess the availability of additional instructional content.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags