cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Failed to install AnalyticsTrialEdition

MinNan
11-Garnet

Failed to install AnalyticsTrialEdition

hello:

i tried sereval days to install the AnalyticsTrialEdition but failed a number of times.

i work on win 7, and i use docker toolbox.

it will occur this when installing ThingworxFoundationH2

微信图片_20180719141802.png

and sometimes it stuck in creating container like this

捕获2.JPG

i attach this issue to setting of docker.i think i should have docker configurated but i didn't.

Please help

Kind regards

Minnan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:seanriver)

Hi Sean

Your issue is very different form Minnan's .

The UI might display similar error but your logs show the installation goes much further.

It is best if we do not mix different problem int he same thread, so I would advise you open a new thread.

However before doing this, double check that the docker settings have enough memory allocated (at least 5Gb). See  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS252454 for the steps on windows 10.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:MinNan)

Hi

Could you ensure that docker run hello-world return the expected result. 

Also I see some Chinese character in your UI, could you try changing your Regional Settings to English for the time of installation.

If you still have issue, can you upload all of the log files created during installation - there should be more than one.

They can be found in the installation directory.

Hope this helps

Christophe

MinNan
11-Garnet
(To:cmorfin)

hi,

after this is the result that docker run hello-world return,which i think it an expected one.

helloworld.JPG

as for those Chinese characters, i failed to transfer the system language to English, and they mean no response from the program.when i meet this,the installation won't go ahead and i have to close it via task manager.

i couldn't find any log files in the installing direction but a empty file named "FAILED", but i found a file suspected to be a log file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AnalyticsTrialEdition",which is in the attachment.

Please help

Minnan

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Minnan

Can you tel how much RAM and processors this machine has got ?

The log indicate that the Foundation container did not mange to start within 5 min, so we seem to have an overloaded machine.

Thanks

Christophe

MinNan
11-Garnet

hi Christophe

if the machine you are talking about is default,it gets 2048m RAM,which was increased from 1024m before installation,and it gets 1 CPU.and the maximum i can allocate to it is 4096m and 4 CPU.

and i found a new machine named DockerMachinePTC with 4m RAM and 1 CPU created in the virtual box.

Kind regards

Minnan

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Minnan

I am talking about the physical machine

Regards

Christophe

MinNan
11-Garnet

hi Christophe

this machine has 4G RAM and double processor

will it too less to conduct an analytics project?

Kind regards

Minnan

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Minnan

Yes this is too small and this is likely the reason of the failure as it takes too long to start.

The ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition Guide has got a pre-requisite chapters that list the requirement in term of os browser and hardware.

For hardware it reads:

Hardware
The Analytics Trial Edition installation requires the following for all operating
systems:
• 15 GB of disk space
• Recent desktop or laptop system with a minimum of 4 CPU cores
• 16 GB internal memory, minimum, 32 GB, recommended

So 4Gb is indeed way too small to move forward.

Kind regards

Christophe

MinNan
11-Garnet

hi Christophe

as you are say,this machine doesn't meet the physical condition, so that i have to change a machine to conduct the project.

but considering my individual condition, i don't get another machine.so i am thinking if i can install ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition on a server and conduct the project on the it.if i can, do i need a linux server or a windows server?

Kind regards

Minnan

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Minnan

The ThingWorx Trial Edition is only available for Windows from the developer.thingworx.com, so you need a Windows server.

Kind regards

Christophe

seanriver
4-Participant

Hi Christophe

Hi Christophe,

I faced the very same issue on Windows 10 + Docker for Windows [Version 18.03.1-ce-win65 (17513)] !

Machine spec as such
Machine Spec.png

The complete log for your reference is attached below...

Any solution to this situation?

Sean

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:seanriver)

Hi Sean

Your issue is very different form Minnan's .

The UI might display similar error but your logs show the installation goes much further.

It is best if we do not mix different problem int he same thread, so I would advise you open a new thread.

However before doing this, double check that the docker settings have enough memory allocated (at least 5Gb). See  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS252454 for the steps on windows 10.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Top Tags