cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Filter using radio buttions, time selector and advanced find?

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Filter using radio buttions, time selector and advanced find?

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a mashup that that displays data in a table format that can then be filtered by the user.

The Data Filters that should be available to filter the data are.

Time Stamp (easy enough) on its own

Metadata like in the advanced find but like a radio button

Drop Down List to further filter the data...

Please have a look the screen grabs for what I mean.

DATA_FILTER.PNG

Some of them are easy enough on their own but is there a way to combine them or even better is a widget that on the marketplace that can do this?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:BryanK)

So, After Struggling for another few days I have got this far and now I'm probably at the point of giving up. 

FPH_FILTER.PNG

To be able to TRY to simulate the ability to have more than one data filter i made use of the events router. 

That way I can give the user easy to pick Choices. The bindings look like this. 

FPH_FILTER1.PNG

And this actually has the desired effect. 

I have limited the first and second data filters to only show and filter on one property as shown below. 

FPH_FILTER2.PNGFPH_FILTER3.PNG

What is Necessary for an easy user experience is if i could somehow select on the true/false. or the check box and that would populate the data filer automatically.  

It really one click vs multiple clicks.

This seems incredibly complicated for something that should be easy. 

I want the user experience to be as easy as possible so that they will actually enjoy using the software. 

Regards,

Bryan

CRArko
17-Peridot

Hi, Bryan.

Could you export your mashup and attach it so we can take a look at what it's doing? Maybe we can suggest a way to get the behavior you're looking to achieve.

Also, what version of ThingWorx are you working with?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:CRArko)

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply. This mashup is on 8.0 but have 8.1 and 8.3 that I can work on if needed.

Regards,

Bryan

CRArko
17-Peridot

Hi, Bryan.

Let me try this out (in 8.0 to start) and see if I can find a way to do this.

Thank you for your patience, by the way. I understand it took a while for your problem to get some attention.

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

CRArko
17-Peridot

Hi, Bryan.

I have not yet been able to get this working right. We may need to consider alternative ways to get the end goal you're looking at. Will keep working this.

Thank you,

-- Craig A.

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:CRArko)

Hi,

Any chance there has been some development in this area?

Can we submit an enhancement request? :)

Regards,

Bryan

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BryanK.

Feel free to submit any suggestions on our Ideas board.  Community members have the ability to vote on the suggestions posted there.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags